Laser Hair Removal in Abu Dhabi
Laser hair removal is one of the most popular skincare services among the locals as well as expatriates here in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
It is an affordable laser treatment for those who hate shaving or waxing unwanted body hair, and want the laser to reduce or get rid of their hair permanently.
In this article, you will learn:
How Does Laser Hair Removal Treatment Work?
Laser hair reduction works by targeting a pigment called melanin that exists within your hair follicles. It penetrates the skin and impairs its ability to transmit light, destroying future growth at the follicle’s root. The laser beam targets both dark hairs (which contain more melanin) as well as blonde/white hairs.
It usually takes between 6 – 8 laser sessions to achieve permanent results for most people, depending on how many laser sessions were required for their eyebrows, chest, back or any other area. However, there are some lucky ones who see a reduction in hair in just as few as three laser sessions.
For people with light skin and dark, coarse hair, laser hair removal works especially well because laser energy can easily pass through the skin and reach the melanin in your hair follicles to destroy them for good.
Recently laser technology has been improved, “PrimeLase”, which combines a unique combination of laser wavelengths (810nm, 940nm and 1060nm) that effectively target hair even better than traditional treatments. The laser selectively targets the pigment within each individual strand of hair at its very root permanently stopping future growth without affecting surrounding tissue or skin coloration.
These advances have resulted in laser hair removal becoming more effective than ever before and Icon Clinic is a proud pioneer in bringing this technology to Abu Dhabi.
The Primelase Hair Removal at Icon Clinic – Abu Dhabi
Icon Clinic – Abu Dhabi uses Primelase for our patients, the latest technology in laser hair removal. Primelase was developed with the latest in aesthetic technology to provide greater versatility and precision when treating unwanted hair. It is a revolutionary system that has 3 wavelengths in 1 system.
The three wavelengths in PrimeLase mean that all patients with different skin tones can be treated with maximum effectiveness and security, regardless of their phototype, hair type or time of the year. It is an 810 nm diode laser unit with power and speed embedded in a single device that makes the machine effective at performing treatments in a shorter amount of time.
Main Advantages of Primelase
Using the Primelase platform for laser hair removal has its great benefits such as:
- Virtually pain-free hair removal
- Immediate results visible from the first session
- Quick and Effective
- Suitable for all skin types
- Long-lasting stable results
- Safe (complete protection of the skin)
- Suitable for any part of the body
One of the best benefits of using Primelase is how much our clients save time and money on laser treatments. By getting an effective laser treatment, you only need to book fewer sessions to see the results on the area being treated.
Cost of Laser Hair Removal Treatments in Abu Dhabi
Icon Clinic in Abu Dhabi offers some of the best deals and multi-session packages for laser hair removal treatment. If you are seeking laser hair removal treatment to remove unwanted hair in your body, face, legs and arms then visit Icon Clinic for more information on laser hair removal.
Depending upon the area to be treated, laser hair removal sessions at Icon Clinic costs between AED 150 – AED 1000 per session. There are different packages available depending upon your requirements.
These are the 3 most popular and best-selling packages that we have for laser hair removals we have at Icon Clinic Abu Dhabi:
- Beard Lining. 5 Sessions for AED530 (Normal Price: AED750, Savings: AED220)
- Full Body Laser Hair Removal for Women. 5 Sessions for AED2,750. (Normal Price: AED3,750)
- Full Body Laser Hair Removal for Men*. 5 Sessions for AED4,000.
All laser treatments at Icon Clinic come with a laser consultation by one of our skin experts to determine and recommend the right laser hair removal treatment that is tailored to your hair type and skin tone.
In addition to laser hair removal for the face, body, legs and arms, we also provide laser services for underarms and bikini areas.
Check our updated prices and special packages for laser hair removal.
What To Do Before Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Preparing your skin for laser hair removal is important to ensure there will be no adverse side effects or laser burns on the skin. So it is important to follow these laser hair removal tips before undergoing laser treatments at Icon Clinic.
- Come in freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin; without lotions, oils, creams, fragrances or any kind.
- Shave the treatment area no sooner than 24 hours prior to your appointment to avoid irritation.
- Exfoliate the treatment area at least 3 days before your treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on the body area being treated for 14 days before treatment.
- Avoid solariums, UV Light tanning and fake tanning creams at least 14 days before treatment.
What To Do After Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Protecting your skin after and between laser sessions is really important to avoid complications.
- For laser hair removal in your face, legs or arms, we’ll recommend that you use sunblock with a SPF 50 rating at all times (especially here in UAE). As laser hair removal can sometimes affect the pigmentation of your skin, you need to ensure that your laser-treated skin is always protected from the sun.
- For laser hair removal in your back, tummy or chest, we recommend that you apply a light moisturizer like aloe vera gels or calming creams to your laser-treated skin twice a day after laser hair removal.
- For laser hair removal in your underarms or bikini area, we’ll recommend that you use a laser hair removal body wash/shower gel to cleanse your laser-treated area.
- Apply an ice-pack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort or irritation if there’s any.
- Wear loose clothing to avoid friction on the treated area for 2-3days.
- Drink plenty of water. It keeps the skin hydrated.
What NOT To Do After Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Avoid exposing your skin to UV light or self-tanning for at least two weeks following treatment. This helps minimize darkening in the area (hyperpigmentation).
- Avoid using heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days as well as hot baths and showers.
- Avoid anything that involves chlorine (e.g., swimming in pools) for 48 hours following the procedure.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing of treated skin for 4-5 days post-treatment. This is to allow the skin to heal and prevent infection.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 2-3days or more after treatment.
- Avoid exercising for at least 2 days.
- Avoid the application of make-up, perfumed products or bleaching cream on the treated area for at least 2-3days hours.
- Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing and threading for the complete duration of the treatment course.
Icon Clinic – Abu Dhabi offers our patients free consultations with laser hair removal experts. Our laser expert will evaluate your skin and recommend the laser hair removal package that’s right for you depending on the treatment area. You may also have the option of trying out a test patch before going ahead with laser treatments at Icon Clinic – Abu Dhabi.
Stay Hair Free, Abu Dhabi!